Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where has the year gone?!

Wow I can't believe it is almost March! Wasn't it just Christmas? Lots has happened in the past two months. We feel so blessed in so many ways. We appreciate the support of friends and family. In January I got called to be Young Women's president. I was and still am excited and loving the calling. But I know with my night shift schedule it will be a challenge. My counselors have been very supportive. Our ward is going through major changes and it has been crazy. A week after my new calling we got a new young men's president. Then two weeks later a new bishop! Things are falling into place. We love our ward even though it is at 9am and will never change. Mike has a calling in the Sunday School presidency. He is over the youth 14-16. He is a great teacher.
Mike has been busy with school at Sac State. He also has four guitar students and might start teaching one of my young women piano. Mike has also been trying to put on open mics at our home. Our first one might be Saturday night. He has met some great people he plays guitar with every now and then.
I got a new job with Sutter health in the Nursery. We finally have benefits! I started that in January. Then out of the blue Kaiser calls me for an interview on their new pediatric floor. (They just opened a huge women's and children's hospital...so nice). I said what the heck...I am not looking for a job but what have I got to loose by interviewing. I found out Kaiser has a much better retirement with full medical and the pay is significantly better. I will start my job with Kaiser in a few weeks. Unfortunately it will still be nights but being a new facility I am hoping to move to PM's soon! Keep my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great. Check out our blog at vasselfamily.blogspot.com.